skip navigation

Update From The Directors #4

By LTSC Staff, 06/05/20, 1:30PM PDT


Good afternoon,

We hope this note finds you and yours doing alright. I know we could all use lacrosse right now in light of all that is going on in the world and our nation.

Thank you for your continued patience and understanding as we continue to navigate uncharted waters. As we move closer to August, we realize that planning and logistics are coming to the forefront and we’re doing our best to help you to plan properly.

We are 56 days from the Lake Tahoe Summit Classic reset for August 1-2. Ultimately, we are beholden to the status of the state of California, but we are cautiously optimistic that we have a good shot at delivering. Currently California is in Stage 2, and event operation is in Stage 4 (End of Stay At Home Order). You can follow along the CA Resilience Roadmap here. 

We are developing a modified plan for the 2020 Lake Tahoe Summit Classic. The 2020 event will unquestionably be different than in years past, as is most everything of late. We await formal guidelines, but anticipate factors such as distancing, face coverings, game/field spacing, limitations on spectators, and adjusted gameplay. We continue to follow the guidance of California and local officials to date, along with US Lacrosse (we serve on its ‘Return to Play’ advisory group). Ultimately our plan will require approval from above, but we are cautiously optimistic that we have a good shot at delivering. 

We aim to have a final tournament format developed and presented to you by 6/15, which will still be subject to CA/local approval. We will build the best possible plan we can, and we feel a tremendous responsibility to carry on and give each of you and most importantly, the players, the best experience we can given the circumstances. We appreciate your understanding and flexibility as we strive to make this work.

Balances Due: Balances due will remain on 7/1 unless otherwise stated.

Lodging/Accommodations: Please make us aware of any issues related to making arrangements for the new dates, or adjusting original reservations from the June event dates to the new dates. We are here to help.

Policies: We’ve released our Lax Bridge 360 program upon shifting to our back-up dates on 4/15. The program is attached for reference. 

Please share this information and timeline with your individual players and families. 

Thank you and stay well. We hope that you are able to get on the field with your players (in some capacity) soon and more than anything, we hope to see you in Tahoe this summer.

We will be in touch again on 6/15. Be well until then.

Kevin, Chris and the LTSC Team