skip navigation

LTSC 2020 Intended Operating Plan

By LTSC Staff, 06/15/20, 2:00PM PDT


We appreciate your support and continued commitment to the Lake Tahoe Summit Classic despite its postponement and the continued uncertainty of circumstances.

To follow is the plan for LTSC 2020, to the best of our knowledge and intentions as of today. We remain subject to CA State Guidelines surrounding youth sports, recreational events, and group activity. Parts of California have begun Stage 3; we have one Stage to go!

If you are willing and able to stick with us, to follow are our planned parameters:

Dates: August 1-2, 2020

Player-Focused Game Format:

  • Tahoe 2020 will not be a typical experience. Our simple goal is to get players playing lacrosse in a beautiful place with significant off-field, outdoor opportunity. 
  • Total 4 games, no championship format is anticipated, subject to how circumstances evolve. Games will be scheduled in advance without TBD games. Schedule to be condensed into back-to-back games (with rest) as possible.
  • We anticipate a limited number of attendees per field to include staff/officials, players, coaches, and spectators. We are targeting a 125-person limit per field (5 staff, 60 persons per team). Exact quantity is subject to future guidance.

Final Decision Date: 7/1 (at the latest)

Balance Charge Date: 7/8

Safety Operating Plan: With guidance, we are developing a plan which will require various modifications on behalf of us as operators and you as participants, to include pre-event screening, social distancing, face coverings, hygiene/sanitization procedures, adjusted game play, etc. This plan will be published in advance, and staff/attendees will be required to comply.

Player Registration: We are in the process of rebuilding player registration to factor COVID-related guidelines. We will roll out this system on/around 7/1, and it will be essential that 100% of players complete this process, in advance, to play. Everyone’s cooperation will be essential.

If you have decided that your team is unable to join us, or to wait any longer for definitive information, we completely understand. We have shared with you our Lax Bridge 360 Program and have attached it again here.

We believe this is the only potential path forward in 2020. We are hopeful to receive enough information and guidance between now and 7/1 to feel comfortable hosting you in Lake Tahoe.

Please let us know (reply all) if you no longer plan to join us. If you do still plan to join us, we will be in touch as soon as any further information becomes available, and no later than 7/1.

With gratitude,

Chris, Kevin & the Lake Tahoe Summit Classic Team