We appreciate your support and continued commitment to the Lake Tahoe Summit Classic despite its postponement and the continued uncertainty of circumstances.
To follow is the plan for LTSC 2020, to the best of our knowledge and intentions as of today. We remain subject to CA State Guidelines surrounding youth sports, recreational events, and group activity. Parts of California have begun Stage 3; we have one Stage to go!
If you are willing and able to stick with us, to follow are our planned parameters:
Dates: August 1-2, 2020
Player-Focused Game Format:
Final Decision Date: 7/1 (at the latest)
Balance Charge Date: 7/8
Safety Operating Plan: With guidance, we are developing a plan which will require various modifications on behalf of us as operators and you as participants, to include pre-event screening, social distancing, face coverings, hygiene/sanitization procedures, adjusted game play, etc. This plan will be published in advance, and staff/attendees will be required to comply.
Player Registration: We are in the process of rebuilding player registration to factor COVID-related guidelines. We will roll out this system on/around 7/1, and it will be essential that 100% of players complete this process, in advance, to play. Everyone’s cooperation will be essential.
If you have decided that your team is unable to join us, or to wait any longer for definitive information, we completely understand. We have shared with you our Lax Bridge 360 Program and have attached it again here.
We believe this is the only potential path forward in 2020. We are hopeful to receive enough information and guidance between now and 7/1 to feel comfortable hosting you in Lake Tahoe.
Please let us know (reply all) if you no longer plan to join us. If you do still plan to join us, we will be in touch as soon as any further information becomes available, and no later than 7/1.
Chris, Kevin & the Lake Tahoe Summit Classic Team
It isn’t easy, but we have to make the tough call.
We have been closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation since the day we began our “stay at home” order, making decisions with the well-being of our participants and communities in mind. It is with everyone’s health, safety, and sanity in mind that we have decided to postpone the Lake Tahoe Summit Classic to our back-up date, August 1-2, 2020.
We understand the challenges associated with this situation and decision. We will continue to roll with the punches and line up the best possible ‘Plan B’. We are in this together.
Your registration will automatically roll over to the new date. If August 1-2 doesn’t work for your group for any reason, please [click here] for your options. Please let us know at your earliest convenience if you are not able to join us, and your choice as it relates to your funds. If you are not sure at this time, please let us know that as well.
Initial conversations with local hoteliers have suggested that shifting reservations to the new dates should not present any issue. We do recommend you make the adjustment sooner than later.
On 3/20 we bumped the 4/1 balance charge to 5/1. We will continue to delay the balance due date until we have a clearer picture of what lies ahead, as not to add any additional burden.
This is an unprecedented circumstance and the future remains uncertain. Lacrosse tradition is unique and has the capacity to bring out the best in people; we sincerely hope for the opportunity to host you and your families on the field this summer.
In the meantime, thoughts and prayers remain with all who have been affected by the Coronavirus, those serving on the front lines, and with our lacrosse family.
We will continue to provide updates as relevant. We ask that everyone continues to do their part, so we can collectively improve circumstances, and so we can #playlax2020.
Chris, Kevin and the LTSC Staff